Friday, March 26, 2010

The _______________ Syndrome

Anybody with a similar syndrome ?

* My hands are never empty when I step out of a shopping complex (sometimes my purse is).
* I enter a toy shop and want to buy everything in the store. Disney store always fascinates me.
* I have this weird liking for stationery(Yes, the pencils, erasers, files, notebooks, sketch pens, papers) and end up spending more time in Staples and Ryman.
* Buying items on non-sale during a sale period does not make much difference to me.
* I visit furniture showrooms knowing pretty well I will not be able to carry even a tiny furniture from here to India, and still end up purchasing cushion covers!
* You can find me buying something during every sale in my office (Once in a fortnight), ranging from clothing, stationery, umbrellas(?)! The latest was the puzzle I purchased a couple of days ago.
* I have not spared HomeBase or Wickes.
* I belong to the category of people who get tired even when they do nothing,but I never get tired when I shop.
* Rain and sun do not have the slightest effect on my shopping trend.
* My close friends always make sure they visit in a coffee shop or home rather the town centre.
* Every month I budget something for shopping and I end up breaking it every single time.
* After every purchase, I say - just this one, I will be back in India in a few months and so just this one and it goes in circles…
* I make sure I buy groceries in Tesco as they have an attached clothing outlet.
* NEXT and M&S never fail to get my attention.
* My male collegue tries to make sure I dont pass this syndrome to his better half.
* My roommie blames me for she occasionally joins me burning a hole in her pocket.
* My luggage is full of new things, I doubt if I can carry even some of the things that I have purchased, given the weight limits the airlines specify, still I continue to buy.
* Everytime I try to control my shopping spree, it only worsens.
* The only shop that I have not visited in the town is the Pharmacy.

No comments:

Followers